Friday 21 June 2013

I have put a post on  Lovely Grey Day's blog. See my list of great blogs at the side of my posts.  I have reproduced it here:

"I like the idea of the 5:2 regime.  FOr a long time now I have not been spending anything at the weekends! THis has not been hard.  I just haven't been out.  I have recently tried not spending anything on one of the work days.  That is much harder for me.  We have collections at work for colleagues who might be sick or be having milestone birthdays.  We have a lottery syndicate.   Snacks. I have been taking only the amount of money I need for things that I really have to buy.  I can do that but often I have to break into a note and then I'm tempted to spend some of the change.  I'm inspired now to have one regular working day when I don't buy anything.  I'll make it Monday so that it's done and then I can let you know how I've got on.  Does anyone else feel a bit insecure if they don't take a few pounds out with them? a bit pathetic, and something I need to get over. As long as I've got enough lunch and snacks there's really nothing to worry about."

Have a look at her blog so you can see the rest of the discussion.  We were thinking about not spending for a couple of days a week.What does everyone else spend during the working week?  Is anyone prepared to confess if they're buying smart coffees, mega lunches, magazines, chocolate, taxis?

This coming Monday I'm not going to take money (or cards) with me to work.  For me that's a bit scary so I'll let you all know how I get on!



1 comment:

  1. I keep hoping that I am going to report lots of 'No spend days' and they just don't seem to happen. I have the same problem at work with collections and charitable events happening almost daily. I take out a £10 note every Monday and try to keep my spending on work days within this limit.

    ReplyDelete